F2 setup main boot up help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NEWTOSATANEEDHELPWITHSATA, Mar 30, 2014.

1. This is an older DELL 2400 on XP. I really need to get into my F2 setup so my CD D: drive can be seen and I can get it working correctly again. It is hooked up properly and works fine. When I hit F2 it flashes a messages about the floppy disk, which is non-existent and has never had one on this computer EVER. It is too quick to see but ever since I put in my new power supply I have not had my D: drive because I unhooked everything to put in the new power supply and it will not find it on its own without me going into setup to fix the problem. Is there another way I can do this? Please help.

2. yabba333

yabba333 Private E-2

does the hard drive appear in the BIOS?

3. I cannot get into BIOS but I have been using the computer with the hard drive perfectly fine. The hard drive is fine.

4. yabba333

yabba333 Private E-2

how are you unable to access BIOS??

5. BIOS is in F2 setup right or how do I get into BIOS again?

6. yabba333

yabba333 Private E-2

usually the del button but it can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer so it may have cause confusion sorry.

so you tried booting to bios with the D: drive plugged in,
    try doing it again without the D: drive to see if you can get in then

if not i would say try removing the BIOS battery for 20 seconds (forced BIOS default)

7. Is that the CMOS battery? The little round silver thing? Because when this first happened that was the first thing I tried but I suppose I could try that and the other thing you suggested again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds