F6 Create Floppy Disk Help ASAP Please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MistressRene, Nov 30, 2006.

1. MistressRene

MistressRene Private First Class

Hello all,
    On my new Asus M2N-E, all drivers came on their CD. I need to make a slipstream SP2.
    I THINK I created the floppy disk with the F6 raid drivers and such on it.
    I used the CD that came with the MB and loaded the nVidia 32 BIT SATA RAID ....
    Is there anything else that has to go on that floppy?
    That is the million dollar question!

Hopefully someone will see this and be able to answer ASAP, as I may have to do an xp recovery console :(
    For some reason my new setup doesn't like my old hard drive with all the new hardware, and instead of enjoying my new system, I have been chasing errors all over the place. This is NO fun!
    TIA!

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Does the old hard drive, already have an os on it? Typically, you can't move an old hdd, from one system to another, and expect it to work.

Also, are ye planning on raid, if not, then you do not need raid drivers.

3. MistressRene

The old HDD was a clean OS install, and YES I NEED the raid drivers

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

If following the instructions, and you created the floppy, then you shouldn't have to require anything else.

Just make sure after you press F6, then wait a bit, then select S to specify new drivers, then select ALL items listed. Err, I should say, if 2 or more options are listed. Select one, press enter, then S to select another, press enter. If only one option shows, then that is okay also.

In addition, the bios is setup to accept raid, correct?

What raid level are ye using?

5. MistressRene

WAIT!
    Back up!
    I do not need to press my F6 at this moment.
    I am just wanting to make sure before I create an XP slipstream, that everthing I need for this process is on that floppy.
    Since I have never done this process before (F6) I am asking for assistance, to make sure that JUST what I have on the floppy now,
    is all I need...OR Do I need to add somethings? I'm sure there are enough people here that have done this process before, that they
    can advise me. Right now I have the 'nVidia 32 BIT SATA RAID' on the floppy. Nothing else. Is that usually all that is needed?
    Thanks again!

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

Yes, I have done raid 0,1, 1+0, 0+1, and 5, and others.

The best thing to do, is to go ahead. Windows will tell ye if there is a problem.

BUT...if ye are setting up a RAID, then you need to set the array up properly. Before windows starts up, there should be an option to setup the raid controller. Right after the bios post, before the windows startup. Your mobo manual should have all the info you need. Just check that.

7. MistressRene

When I went to pick up my machine after the new hardware was installed, my guy put ALL the XP bells and whistles in, including the new IE7. I brought it home, and all I can say is thank G_D something went wrong with that install (the registry HAL got toasted) & (I did not like his setup anyway...LOL)! I had almost nothing reloaded on the drive, so I brought the machine back. I told him to let me load XP in with the new raid system so I could see what had to be done. So I did it under his supervision. Hopefully if I ever have to do I have the knowledge (sorta) now, and he is just a phone call away.
    I just wanted to make sure that I had the correct & necessary drives to make the slipstream.

Thanks for your help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds