Facebook NOOB has a question...

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Nov 8, 2011.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I am completely lame when it comes to Facebook. :-o Due to my lame noobishness and my lack of logging in and taking care of things, I now have a list of HUNDREDS of friend requests that I need to add, but there is NO WAY that I'm going to go thru manually and click on each one individually, it would take 3 or 4 days, seriously. How can I simply click on an "Add Everyone" button? I poked around a bit but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this....
    rolleyes :innocent

THX!

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Gawd no, don't friend them all!:eek Most are pron I bet. I don't know FB well but having hundreds of requests is not right. I've had something like 10 spam requests these last 2 years. Maybe something in your profile is wrongly set like your privacy level. We need an expert here.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I checked the "source" or whatever it's called.... ya know, where it shows who the "friend in common" is, 95% of these requests are from 3 or 4 different people/companies that I'm familiar with. However, I didn't realize that I even had a privacy adjuster! :-o Like I said, I'm a total 'book noob. I guess I don't really need to allow all these folks, but I would like to at least stop the long freekin' list from showing up when I log in. Seriously, it's like hundreds and HUNDREDS of people, maybe thousands!

4. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

Keep in mind that FB has a limit to how many friends you can add. It's not a small number, but there is a limit. So to accept all requests means you'd shut out anyone you really want.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds