Fan control on ASUS P5B

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jwilk, Jul 4, 2008.

1. jwilk

jwilk Private E-2

Hi,

I have read that I should be able to control my fans using my ASUS P5B DELUXE P965 775. The fans include CPU FAN ZALMAN|CNPS9500 AT RTL, GPU COOLER - ZALMAN|VF900 - CU RTL and a variable speed case fan.

Presently I am using a software controller 'SpeedFan 3.2' and manually set the fans to 50% to get the noise down but it does not remember the setting and it must be reset with every start up. Also the speed seems fixed and does not seem to adjust to CPU load.

The ASUS site for the P5B makes mention of controlling fans with the motherboard but does not say how to do it. Can this be done or is there a better way to control the fans?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Jeff

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

If you're not overclocking, you don't need to worry about fan speeds. The mobo does the job for you. You can use BIOS to manually control the fan speed in percentage. The thing is if it overheats, you may not be around to shut down the pc.

3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds