Fan/Heating Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by umrguy85, Apr 2, 2007.

1. umrguy85

umrguy85 Private E-2

Just lately my computer can sit and idle on the desktop with no open windows or anything and my fans start cranking. It sounds like a jet is taking off. They are pumping out hot air too which I'm assuming comes from the Hard Drive. This is not normal...it is usually a really quite computer. I have ran virus scans and spyware removal tools and it is still up to the loud noise and high head.

Does anyone have an idea of the problem?

Thanks,

Evan

2. ADD

ADD Private E-2

How old is ur computer? Maybe the fan is just got dirty/dusty - so it gets imbalanced and sounds like a tractor. Take of the fan and try to spin it - it has to run smoothly. If it doesn't - just replace it.

Good luck.

3. Orbital57

Orbital57 Private First Class

Some more information would be useful.

In the downloads section of this site you can find a free tool called Everest Home. Install this and post your temperatures please.

It would also be useful to know a little more about the case. How many fans? Any sucking air in? Have you checked that they are all spinning (this may be a reason for the others working harder)?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds