Fan runs all the time when idle

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stupid stupid, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Stupid stupid

Stupid stupid Private E-2

I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RX881. Last week it crashed and I had to recover the C dirve. Now the cooling fan runs all the time when the system is idle and not during high cpu usage. It did'nt do this before it crashed. The fan only ran when the air temp was high or during high cpu usage, but it was off most of the time. Is there any way to go back to my original fan settings, do I need a new fan, or what?

2. Darkfoxx

Darkfoxx Private E-2

If u was you i would save everything i have and Format and Reinstall everything back to day 1 that you had the computer.
    But that is me. Or you could try and download a few progs from the site so see if u can manually set it back to normal. Is your computer always hot wher eit needs to be on....if so u could have a major heating prob.

3. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

Hehe, or you can contact Sony and ask them for a fix.

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Looks more like hardware problem than software based to me, so I recommend sleepygamer's advice, contact sony.

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

if your comp crashed hard the bios could have been reset,check your bios properties,look for any option related to fan speed or temperature and change it ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds