Fans Advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by the don miester, Jun 28, 2007.

1. the don miester

the don miester Private E-2

HI Geeks

I am wondering if someone can give me a bit of advice of what brand of fans to look for.

I am not too bothered about noise but I want them to be very efficient coolers

I have been looking at some of the threads and keep coming across "CFM " not sure what this means !

So

Should I be looking for one with a high CFM rather than looking for a particular brand ?

Any advice would be great

PS:- Not sure if relevant but I am looking for 120mm & 80mm fans to fit my box

Thanks

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

CFM = Cubic Feet per minute
    The higher = more airflow

IMO brand not important
    I'd suggest looking for quiet fans, loud fans are irritating after while

3. Capt quirk

Capt quirk Private First Class

When I initially built my editing machine, everyone was talkink about ThermalTake fans being the best. So I spent the extra money and guess what? It sounded like a jet turbine, and the stock fan cooled just as well but quieter.

4. Deamonstrom

Deamonstrom Private E-2

All of my fans in my computer are thermaltake... It does sound like a freight train though... cools nice :)

5. Capt quirk

Capt quirk Private First Class

Yeah, they cool ok, but not any better than the stock AMD fan, and certainly cost more, and are louder. Not a really good combination.

6. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Noise serves an important function. You know when they've died.

Something a lot of people over look is where the air is flowing. Think of a stream of air, if it doesn't go where it's needed...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds