fans and more

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by geekedittilitGHz, Mar 16, 2006.

1. geekedittilitGHz

geekedittilitGHz <i>puto cum grano salis</i>

I have an antec sonota... and i wanna cool the whole case down... i have a 120mm fan in back... should i ditch it for a more powerful fan? Should i cut a hole in the top and put a 80mm? I want a good way to cool my comp over all

2. Orbital57

Orbital57 Private First Class

From the Antec site -

Cooling: Up to 2 120mm Fans
    - 1 rear (standard) 25mm thick
    - 1 front (optional) 25mm thick

If you haven't already then I'd add an intake fan to the front of your case. It will make the airflow throught the case more effective and cool it nicely.

Any idea what your case temps are at the moment?

3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

4. TollhouseFrank

TollhouseFrank Private First Class

Hmm... front intake-rear exhaust is important. If you have a gaming setup (nice, hot GPU's).... then a side hole with a 92mm or 120mm fan blowing air in over the gpu/cpu area is good. You don't NEED a fan in the top, but putting a grille-of-sorts in the top will let heat from the optical's/drives escape up top by convection.

5. hammer1

hammer1 Private E-2

Top exhaust is always nice. Simple test. If the top of your case is even slightly warmer than the sides, you need one !

6. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

That blowhole is nasty,it isnt round and the grill is off centre,I'd have to dump the case :)

7. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Yes I'd have to agree it's not one you could let the kids near (slice their fingers off). I did see a lot better example (tutorial) but when needed do you think I could possibly find it again!?! At bare minimum although dodgy placement of grill it should have still lined the outline of the hole with rubber stripping to cover sharp edges.

8. vraj74

vraj74 Private E-2

my computer turnoff every 15-20 min.

9. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

???? You turn it off or does it turn off by itself???? If so on the restart goto BIOS and into PC Health and make a note of temp, RPMs' and volts. Later do the same after a cold boot (system has been off for an hour).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds