FAST Defrag Review

Discussion in 'Software' started by GISJack, Dec 5, 2003.

1. GISJack

GISJack Private E-2

Last edited: Dec 5, 2003
  2. acejones

acejones A Different Title

where does it say that its worthless?

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Jim Losi Here..

I used to think exactly what Fred thought.. that they were worthless... that was until I was forced to use my work pc ..

a p3 733 with 384MB and 10G HDD.. Developing using Access and running a web server OFF this box. plus email apps, you name it.. my RAM became a commodity. I would spend hours upon hours tweaking my code to make sure I closed all connections to the database to make sure that resources were released.. this helped a little. But as I got to doing more desktop database work I ended up right where I was.

On any given day with out FAST running in the background I would have ~110 MB out of 384 available to me.. With FAST running idle in the systray, I have 187MB. The program releases RAM from programs that are no longer active and using memory. It dumps the cache. Sure, if I want to load the app up again it takes a bit longer, but at least I can have the extra RAM given back to me when I'm not using that Application.

The review is basically a "does it do what it says review" Not an opinion on wether RAM defraggers are worth anything or not. The program does what it says it does and it does it well. That is why I scored it a 5/5. Opinions are worthless when it comes to software reviews. We make our best attempt to remove our opinions from the reviews though it's very difficult at times..

Thank you

:D

p.s. On my home machine with 1GB of RAM, I wouldn't even think about a memory manager ;)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2003
  4. GISJack

GISJack Private E-2

Thanks, Jim. Your explanation was very clear. And, by the way, your review was exceptionally well written.

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I appreciate the compliment, Jack. Welcome to Major Geeks :)

6. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Thanks from me for both reading and commenting, we appreciate the effort. To add to Jims post, we dont owe anyone anything, so reviews are honest. We ask for a registration code, then review it with or without, dont matter much :) We dont get paid by anyone to write them, all we can hope for is for our readers to believe a review we write is honest, so if we start calling garbage programs good, its all over :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds