Fast Defrag

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vlad the Impaler, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Vlad the Impaler

Vlad the Impaler F.K.A. Immaculate

everytime I use Fast Defrag, it goes into my start up. I don't want Fast Defrag starting up when I reboot.. Is there any way to make it stop? I looked in all the options and I unchecked the box that loads at startup. But everytime I load the program, it makes an entry into my MSCONFIG. How do I stop this or is it no possible?... thanks.

2. ReallyNeedHelp

ReallyNeedHelp Private E-2

iff there isnt an option in the program intself, like in the properties of it, then i dont really see a way to stop it

you could also try cheacking the registry, maybe it has a key in there that maks it write itself in when u run it

3. ReallyNeedHelp

wait a second, Vlad? did u ever play astrunest in a group called Mp Mafia? if so then hey man, its Dr. Piro, if not then sorry my mistake, lol

4. Vlad the Impaler

the only instrument I have ever played is my CD Player.

5. ReallyNeedHelp

lol no astronest was an online game, but oh well, sorry my mistake, u use the same nickname

6. Vlad the Impaler

Re: I also utilize....

I already have that box unchecked. However, everytime I open the program, it makes an entry into my MSCONFIG. I always manually delete it every time it goes in there. It's listed as "Fast Defrag" in my startup. If I delete it, and open up Fast Defrag, the entry comes back. Try it yourself and see...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2003
  7. Vlad the Impaler

Re: Re: Re: I also utilize....

what is it doing putting an entry into my msconfig?
    here is the problem a little more detailed..
    I open fast defrag, and quit. Then I open MSCONFIG, and go to startup. There is a new entry that is BLANK but the box is checked and what it says next that is "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Currentversion"

Now, if I open my Startup utility program that I use, it clearly says Fast Defrag as the name of the entry...

can someone offer a good alternative program other than Fast Defrag?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2003
  8. Vlad the Impaler

Re: OK....

I'm using Fast Defrag Standard...
    I am using a utility called Startup Control Panel.
    I do not only see it in the Startup Control Panel, but i see the entry in MSCONFIG also. I never tried to reboot after the entry was made into the Startup. I immediately deleted it.
    Well, I trashed Fast Defrag and I am now using "RAM Defrag XT" which works just as good.. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalleg Fast Defrag but the problem still happened.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds