FAST HELP NEEDED! Laptop screen.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Coolsambob, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Coolsambob

Coolsambob Private E-2

Ok, so last night I was on my laptop fine, and I ran Ad-Aware, SpyBot and Nod32 on my laptop and this morning the screen just doesn't display anything. First time I turned it on, it displayed the "Compaq" start up thing for a very split second then went blank... now it doesn't even show that. Could one of the virus scanners knocked it out? Or is there something I can do to try get my screen working?

I move away to uni tomorrow and I'm damn desperate to get this working now. I can't believe how wrong things can go in the last minute.

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Do you, or a friend, have an independent monitor you can hook the laptop up to and see if it works ok on that? Then you'll know if it is a hardware issue or not.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds