Fatal Error installing Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by Code Error, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Code Error

Code Error Private E-2

Heya,

I have been having some issues installing Windows 7 OS onto my families PC. The Pc i have had problems with used to have XP on it but since we lost the reboot disc a very long time ago i went along to buy the Windows 7 full home edition to installed on it. I reformated the HDD and set up a patition to install Windows 7.

When i went to install the OS it would crash and throw up a blue screen with a Fatal Error ''STOP 0xC000021A''.

This PC is compatible to what Microsoft says is compatible. My system has a 1.6GHz Intel Core Dual, 2Gbs of DDR2 Corsair memory AND A 512Mb Graphics card.

Please let me know if i am doing anything wrong or any thing i could try to install my Window 7 disc.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Did you format the drive before installing? In the Windows setup, you can go to (i believe) custom, find the partitions, delete them and let Windows recreate the partition it needs to install.

This is the first place and possibly not the last, to check. Let me know how it goes.

3. Code Error

Code Error Private E-2

The pc im trying to install windows7 on is roughtly 7 years old and the motherboard is a MSI 945GZM3 VERSION 2.2. The win7 installation will do a BSOD C000021a after the black screen with the white windows bar instaling page and before the next step which would be the windows page to select a language to instal win7.

I have serched if there might be a BIOS update to flash the mb but theres nothing written after 2007 for this mb.

After giving up with win7 i tries to reinstall XP from the copy disc the pc merchant sent us. After instalation the screen freezes on the mb welcomepage before POST. As the pc wont POST now i cant enter BIOS.

Is there anything i should check to get to BIOS? Or should i just get a new motherboard?

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

7 years old? I am sensing a hardware issue. Did BIOS check was smart. I had a similar problem once and it was the hard drive controller. Since XP gave you the same issues I can't be sure. I would remove a stick of ram and any hardware you can remove and install as simply as possible. You could reset the BIOS to default as well, at this point you have nothing to lose unless someone else here has any ideas.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds