Fatel error XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by sadie x, Sep 3, 2005.

1. sadie x

sadie x Private E-2

I get fatel error c000021a and a status of oxcoooo26c. I was trying to install windows Xp home when I got this error. I was installing it for a friend b/c his computer was locking up. I don't have the spec b/c I just threw the CD in and went at it. All I can tell you is that its a P3 laptop made by KDS. Please help if you, I thought I would be able to help my buddy easily and so far I have made things worse.
    Thanks

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

could be a compatibility issue, are you sure the system meets the minimum specs for XP?

what part of the installation does this happen?

3. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Boot into safe mode and select "Use last working configuration"

[EDIT] ~Pyrate~, posted first.

4. sadie x

sadie x Private E-2

I have tried to boot in safe mode and go back to last working config with no luck, and it came with XP on it. I have been at it for about 10 hours now and I think that the hard drive is simply done.

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

You said, you tried booting into safe mode. Was this succesfull? Unless I misread your post, you didn't actually do this. I read Last working config. To me, this isn't booting into safe mode.

Does safe mode work?

6. sadie x

sadie x Private E-2

No safe mode does not work. I have tried the install a few times now and sometimes the hard disk cant be detected and sometimes it can, when it does sometimes it goes past the original error and gives a KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. But I was able to get some specs. Its not much but thats all I can find on the internet. Also the Hard disk is making a clicking noise.

Thanks,

KDS laptop valiant 681XH
    P3 1Ghz
    20 gid HD

7. sadie x

sadie x Private E-2

~Pyrate~ Sorry I didint see the question, The original error came right after the XP cd finishes loading the config files and reboots. When it makes it past that It pretty much get the KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR right after it was 39min left on the install. And that is the closest I have made it.

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

There is your answer. Your hard drive has met its maker.

Once they start clicking, its pretty much all over for hard drives. Thats a sign of physical failure.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds