Favicon display problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fishhead, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Private E-2

I have created a favicon file using our association's logo and placed it in the root directory where our homepage (index.html) is located on our server. In index file, I inserted the code to link to the favicon.ico file.

When I look at our website with Foxfire, I see the favicon on the address line and on the bookmark. When I use Internet Explore I can not see it. However, I can see the favicon for other sites. I have cleared the cache and deleted the favorite and then loaded the page and resave it as a favorite, but can not see it. I have tried relative addressing and absolute addressing of the file, but it does not want to work for my site, but I do see favicon's on other sites.

Any thoughts or suggestion?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds