FAX program has been removed from Control Panel

Discussion in 'Software' started by caseypop, Jul 13, 2006.

1. caseypop

caseypop Private E-2

:eek: this cpu was a part of a network, given to me(lucky) with windows 2000 professional installed. in the control panal there is no icon for Faxing. I would like to use a free program for faxing I'm not picky, just need reliability and can't find one on your website to download or I would just do that. Can someone help me. Much greatfulness, Casey

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Using FaxFax provides you with complete fax facilities from your computer. You can configure fax settings, send and receive faxes, track and monitor fax activity, and access archived faxes. Using Fax, you can choose to send and receive faxes with a local fax device attached to your computer, or with a remote fax device connected to fax resources located on a network.

Fax is not installed by default during Windows Setup.

To install the Fax component
    Open Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
    Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
    In the Windows Components Wizard, select the Fax Services check box, and then follow the instructions on your screen.
    Notes

To open Fax after installation, click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to Communications, and then click Fax Console.
    For more information on using Fax, click Help in Fax Console.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds