Fax Sent to Person A was Received by Person B, who's not in my Contacts?!

Discussion in 'Software' started by KauaiSis, Jan 8, 2015.

1. KauaiSis

KauaiSis Private E-2

This is scary and I'm wondering how it happened:

I sent an 8-page fax to a gov't office with personal info. I had sent faxes to them before with no problem. Let's say their fax number is 332-3333. I used the same method as usual, clicking on "TO" and selecting the contact from the list.

Today, I met a friend in a store and she said "Oh, by the way, I received this fax regarding your daughter by mistake, the other day." Embarrassing, but thank goodness she's a good friend instead of someone else.

When I got home, I checked my Windows Fax "sent" folder. It appeared normal and that fax appeared to have gone to 332-3333. I clicked on Properties and the recipient number was again, 332-3333. BUT when I clicked on the DETAILS tab, I saw "CSID= 422-1944" and that's my friend's phone number!!

My question is, how did this happen? My friend isn't on my contact list and I have never sent her a fax. The only connection I could think of is that I had phoned her on the telephone earlier that day, before I sent the fax.

(I tried phoning the gov't office, but they're not answering, so I have no idea if they received the 8-page fax that I sent on Sunday. I re-sent it today).

Just thought I'd post this to the forum because I'm a bit freaked out right now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds