File doesn't want to be deleted !

Discussion in 'Software' started by petsoukos, Jan 2, 2006.

1. petsoukos

petsoukos Private E-2

I started Window's Disk Cleanup and found out a *.tmp file that cannot be deleted. The filename is Audx5324.tmp. Disk Cleanup fails to deleted it and slows down the system! When trying to do a regular scan with F-Prot it fails to scan. F-Prot stops at this file. Shift+Delete doesn't work with it! I don't know any other ways to delete it! I tried to delete it from Command Promt no luck! Can anyone tell me a way to delete this file? I can't even defrag with Diskeeper. The file location is C:\Docs and Sets\username\Local Settings\Temp\Audx5324.tmp

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. petsoukos

petsoukos Private E-2

Thnx for replying.

Nothing. None of the above did the work!

4. DavidGP

Try in safe mode?

either manually or with MoveOnBoot

5. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Normally of you can't delete a .tmp file it means that it is still in use by some program or other. Therefore, as Halo suggested, it should (in theory) be deleteable from Safe Mode.

6. petsoukos

petsoukos Private E-2

Safe mode was the key ! It is now deleted. YAY ! :)

7. DavidGP

Another satisfied customer ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds