File open no longer returns to last opened folder

Discussion in 'Software' started by RPJ, Jul 16, 2005.

1. RPJ

RPJ Private E-2

When you open a file WordPerfect used to automatically return to the last opened sub-directory/folder you had been in but now it does not. It goes back to the main default folder. How can I get it back to returning to the directory I had been working in. It is a real pain to keep navigating to the right sub-directory over and over again when you do several documents in row. I don't know if the problem relates to WP or to Windows Explorer (WINXP).

2. SlaveLabor

SlaveLabor Private E-2

Have you run a program on your PC called Safe XP. This gets rid of all those options if you have ran it.

3. RPJ

RPJ Private E-2

No I haven't run it. I've never heard of it. What is it and will it also fix my problem?

4. SlaveLabor

SlaveLabor Private E-2

Unfortunatly it won't fix your problem. Have you tried using another Word client like textpad???

5. RPJ

RPJ Private E-2

Neither Wordpad or Notepad can close a file without closing the program so they always go back to My Documents instead of the last sub-directory you were in. So I still can't say for certain if it is a WP problem or a Windows problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds