File permissions accross multiple win users

Discussion in 'Software' started by radiot, Jul 29, 2006.

1. radiot

radiot Private First Class

Howdy Folks,

There is an Admin and a limited user. Admin works on file like access .mdb or .jpg. When limited opens .mdb file, it is "read only". Admin crops .jpg and limited cant ftp, "access denied". (the file actualy sends but hangs ftp client)

For Access files it seems to have something to do with an Office Resource Kit (which I haven't figured out yet), but with .jpg's what is causing 'ownership'?

Gracias,

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Not sure I understand completely (what 1 yr old would?) ..but as administrator, if you right click on the program folder that you want the limited account to be able to use ...should be a security tab ...may have to add the user then grant the permissions.

3. radiot

radiot Private First Class

When checking the security tab of the directory holding relevant files it says to move them to "shared documents" Previously I had dragged the drive containing pertinent files to "shared documents" (that only seemed to make a shortcut) then I dragged the relevant program files to "shared documents" (didn't work), so I dragged the directory holding the relevant files to "shared documents", but the problem persists.

I just replaced my data after a reformat, and files which have not been worked on by admin work fine. Just those files saved by admin wont function in Limited user.

I also unset directory, and sub directories, "read only" atribute but the problem persists.

THanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds