File sharing between two Computers

Discussion in 'Software' started by slashgonewylde, Nov 2, 2009.

1. slashgonewylde

slashgonewylde Private E-2

I have my new laptop hooked up on a wireless internet with my old computer and need my files from my old one. When I had my old crappy laptop i was able to transfer files without much trouble but with this new laptop the tranfers don't work. It doesn't start to transfer at all and then finally it saids that the file is not supported. Also I have tried Windows Easy Transfer that came with the Windows 7 and it also does not work.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
    SGW

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

The title of your topic is File sharing between two Computers. But, in your post, you're talking about Windows Easy Transfer. Windows Easy Transfer and File Sharing are not the same thing. So, I'm not absolutely sure what you want accomplish.

Do you basically want to do a one-time migration of files and settings from one computer running Windows to another? Or, do you want to set up File Sharing so that you can share files on a daily basis between two computers?

If you aim is Windows Easy Transfer, this may help: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Transfer-files-and-settings-from-another-computer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds