Files On My Pc, Maybe Causing A Login Issue On A Site?

Discussion in 'Software' started by outdoorgal, Jul 31, 2017.

1. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Sergeant Major

I had another thread today on Permissions, and how they were messed up on my computer. The reason they were, is because I was trying to change them so somehow, I might be able to delete facebook files that were stashed on my laptop (some files would not delete as I didn't have permission).

I am totally unable to log into Facebook now. I've sent messages for help with no avail. I follow the steps to recover my account, and I literally end up going in a circle and coming right back to the same "steps" of recovery. It's been 2 weeks now, and still no reply from facebook support.

So I tried to remove anything "facebook" in my computer thinking that those files might be disallowing me to log into my account there. Does anyone know if that might be the reason? I never was issued anything saying I was banned etc. I didn't do anything to get banned, but I think my login attempts were misconstrued as someone trying to hack into my account.

I just don't know who to go to, to ask a question about stupid facebook. Truth is, I miss it, and my friends, some of them, won't know where I've disappeared to, LOL!

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, suggestions (I mean besides "to hell with facebook" LOL). I've felt that way so many times, but now that I am forced to be off there, like I said, I miss it, Denise

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. outdoorgal

if I wasn't laughing this off, I'd be crying, LOL! So I used your link Tim, and snipped the whole process. Same as I've been getting the last, 2 weeks:( But it's good you had me do this so I would go ahead and get the snips for anyone that might know what to try next. Please see attached;) Denise

Attached Files:

• fb1.PNG
      fb1.PNG
      File size:
      23.6 KB
      Views:
    • fb2.PNG
      fb2.PNG
      File size:
      8.5 KB
      Views:
    • fb3.PNG
      fb3.PNG
      File size:
      6.7 KB
      Views:
    • fb4.PNG
      fb4.PNG
      File size:
      12.2 KB
      Views:
    • fb5.PNG
      fb5.PNG
      File size:
      110.2 KB
      Views:
  4. TimW

I don't understand. Did they send you an email? Did you input your mobile number?

5. outdoorgal

I did every step that's in those photos, filled in the blanks. And I've done it over and over but it just takes me right to that 5th snip. I cannot get support from their forums because you have to be logged in, and I cannot log in;)

No email, no nothing. Somewhere I saw a message that said they thought there was suspicious activity on my account, something like that, but it's not in my emails, and I think just popped up when I was trying to sign in.

6. TimW

Try this:

Go to the 'Facebook Login Screen' on your app.
    Click 'Sign Up for Facebook'.
    The next page will say Join Facebook. Click 'Get Started' (do not click 'Already have an account, even tho you do).
    In the 'Get Started" page enter the email that's attached to your Facebook. Then 'Continue'.
    Then your name that's on your account, continue, then the same password that your Facebook account has and finally your birthday.
    It'll say creating your account and logging in for the first time to which it should log you into your old account!

outdoorgal likes this.
  7. outdoorgal

Ok Tim, I will try it, thanks for your help. I'll let you know how it goes;) Denise

First, I better ask you if it matters whether it's the App or the website? I've always used the website on my browser, accept I've used the Android App on my Kindle, and my phone;)

8. outdoorgal

Kerrrrrrrap! I thought it was going to work but the window came up to put in the code that was emailed to me, so I did. Then the window came up to put in my phone #, so I did, and then "Your Current session has expired. Please login again" came up. So I did login again, and it comes up again after I try to enter phone #:( I'm 'tho thad, LOL!!

9. TimW

Have you tried a different browser?

outdoorgal likes this.
  10. outdoorgal

I got the email that says someone tried to login to my Facebook account, and if it was me, I can safely disregard this message. So I'm disregarding it, because it was me. They seem to be going ahead as if I've answered the email by way of the option to "secure my account". That's at the bottom (see snip below)
    PS just saw your next post and yes, I had Palemoon, now I'm using Firefox. I think I also tried with Edge.

Attached Files:

• fb7.PNG
      fb7.PNG
      File size:
      116.7 KB
      Views:
  11. outdoorgal

I'll try it with another browser now Tim.

No, it takes me back to that page to put in phone#, and then the "session expired" comes up again.

12. TimW

In that email, try clicking secure my account.

outdoorgal likes this.
  13. outdoorgal

Ok, will do.

Got this Tim but I haven't selected a box, wanted to check with you first. the also say I made a password change at 9:30. I didn't though. I typed in what I thought was the right one, but when it didn't take, I tried typing it over and it worked. I mean, to get me as far as I did anyway.

fb8.PNG

14. TimW

Try the this was me option first.

outdoorgal likes this.
  15. outdoorgal

The "This was me" takes me to the sign in (or sign up) page, so I tried logging in (not signing up or creating) and I got the phone# verification, then the page expired message.

Then I clicked on "this was someone else" and I get a message asking me to "continue" to verify, and when I clicked that, they are now asking for an ID like my driver's license? Would you give them your ID Tim?

16. TimW

Yes.

outdoorgal likes this.
  17. outdoorgal

Ok Tim, scanned in a photo ID and it was accepted, said they'd get back to me. I'm in doubt about that as these are all canned responses, nothing from a "live" person, LOL! I do thank you again for all your help. I couldn't have gotten this far without it;) Denise

18. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Just a thought...
    There might be a cookie with your old email address that's corrupting things.
    Clear your browser's cookies and temp files.

outdoorgal likes this.
  19. outdoorgal

That's something I was wondering in my OP, but I messed up forgetting about cookies etc. I thought I had to go into all the facebook files and delete them.

Ok, I'm going to try that and see if it will log me in after I clear those @Eldon

20. Eldon

outdoorgal likes this.
  21. outdoorgal

Thanks Eldon,

I actually heard from FB and they said thank you for the ID, and click this link. I did, and I had to go through some different steps, and "again" thought I was on my way back in. Then, the dreaded Phone# request, which I again added in, and then, you guessed it, the "I'm sorry, your session has expired, Please login again".

I will look at your link Eldon, thank you much, then I'm going for a long walk before I go find Zuckerberg and...nevermind.

22. outdoorgal

23. TimW

If I was screwing around with this issue for two weeks without a hint of success, I would just create a new account.

Eldon likes this.
  24. outdoorgal

I know, I will try that Tim. I can't change my name though or no one would know me on there. Ttyl, and thanks again for all the help;) to you and Eldon.

25. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Denise,

I love your sense of humor through all of this.

I wonder what you (and possibly half a million others) would do to Zuckerberg! :eek:

outdoorgal likes this.
  26. outdoorgal

LOL;) yeah, well, I made another gmail account "just for Zuckerface" so I'm back on Facebook. I should have just done that from the start, but I guess I have to learn most things the hard way;)

Eldon likes this.
  27. TimW

Good for you!!

outdoorgal likes this.
  28. Eldon

outdoorgal,
    Something went terribly wrong with your old account - I cannot find it!

29. outdoorgal

Yes, I know, and that terrible wrong is totally unknown to me. My friends said everything disappeared on my account, just poof, it was gone. If it ever happens again, I'll hopefully just stay off there. But if I can't tear myself away, I'll start a new account, again! LOL:)

PS If you find my new account Eldon, with same pic as I have here, I invite you to "friend" me if you want to;) You too @mdonah , and @TimW ;)

30. Eldon

I did find your new account - no problem.
    Done! :p

31. outdoorgal

That's great! I'll go look;)

32. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks for the invite Denise but, I don't do Social Media sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc. People have had issues with security on those sites and frankly, I don't want my ugly mug on the internet.

outdoorgal likes this.
  33. outdoorgal

I don't blame you a bit, about the "security" issues anyway;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds