files opening as tiles.

Discussion in 'Software' started by beezneez, Sep 24, 2008.

1. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

Hi.
    My computer is starting to do weird things, firstly it keeps opening my files as Icons instead of list. I have gone to folder options and view but there is no option I can see to change back to List. the second thing is that I dont have anything down the left side of my page eg if I open My Computer all I get is the files, no options on the left . I am using XP professional and I have all the updates, including SP3. I also run AVG every day and Super Anti Spyware. I am also having trouble updating CCleaner and Adaware Software. I have removed them completely and reinstalled.
    Any help appreciated.

2. Sharagoz

Sharagoz Private First Class

When you open my computer, on one of the toolbars there should be a button labeled "Folders" that you can use to enable/disable the "options on the left" you're refering to. On the same toolbar there should also be a toolbar for views.

3. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds