final fantasy 11 urgent help please

Discussion in 'Software' started by Clown3h, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Clown3h

Clown3h Private E-2

hi :)

right, been playing this game for a while on a normal adsl connection and it worked fine, pc specs are ok for it (windows xp pro, 512 ddr ram, geforce 4 ti 4600, 2.8 ghz)

recently installed an origo ASR-8400 router and starting having problems. i log onto playonline and final fantasy fine, but after a while i basically lag out, ie. i no longer recieve information from the game or can input info into it. with this error message:

Error code : POL - 0207 connection terminated or not available please try again later or check cables, networking devices and network settings.

it is not a usb router so that is not the problem (i found out these arent supported by playonline)

i dont know what to do i have tried origio's website and final fantasy support but neitheir are specific enough to deal with this problem.

also msn signs out every 5 minutes with the new router, however when i play counter-strike or use internet explorer or download it works just fine

any help would be much appreciated and if network connection info is needed i can give it..

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Sounds like the router has some issues.

Have you tried resetting it and re-entering the info?

I would also try DMZ mode and see if it makes any difference at all.

3. posr

posr Private E-2

Hurm, this sounds interesting. I would first check the manufacturers website, and or forums, and see if anyone else has had this problem. Google also works miracles :). Next I would unplug the router and see if your still having the problem currently. If not, You can rule are a bad nic card, which unfortunately, they do go bad fairly frequently. If your still having the problem with the direct to nic connection, then its either two possibilities. Either your nic is going bad, and or your having some service problems, Spikage in the frequency, or packetloss.

Lets assume tho everything is ok with the modem and your nic. There is either a configuration error, or just a funky(hate to use the term) router. You can try a software update for the router from the manufacturers website, or make sure the config is done correct. For me, if it doesnt say netgear or cisco, then I dont really have much faith or trust in it. So you may want to pay the extra if there is any and upgrade to one of those routers :). I havent heard to many bad stories with those, other then people not knowing how to configure them.

Hope any of this helped

4. Clown3h

Clown3h Private E-2

well thanks for your time, it turns out it was a very simple case of turning the modem firewall off. lol at me :rolleyes: im sorry to have put u to trouble fo typing and such

5. Buddhapest

Buddhapest Private E-2

alright, i also play FFXI alot! but im having the same problem, :rolleyes: could you reply telling me how to take the firewall down or whatever you did

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds