Final Fantasy XI System Requirements

Discussion in 'Software' started by SWario, Nov 28, 2005.

1. SWario

SWario Sergeant

So, I used to play FFXI a lot, and I've been considering starting back up sometime soon. However, the computer I played it on, seemed to have some trouble handling the game. Specs:
    • Laptop (Dell Inspiron 4150)
    • Mobile Pentium 4 - 1.7 GHz
    • 640 MB RAM (PC2100 or 2700, I can't remember which...)
    • 80 GB HD (5400 RPM)
    • 16 MB video card (ATI Mobility Radeon 7500)

I suspect that the video card is to blame for the slow performance sometimes. Anyways, what I want to know is, if I max my RAM out to 1 GB, will that help the game run better at all? Also, I last ran the game when I was using a 30 GB HD, will there be any performance difference with the new HD?

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Im pretty sure that card isnt even supported by the game; sadly more ram won't help you out.

3. SWario

SWario Sergeant

Regardless of whether or not the game supports that card, I've already used this machine to play the game, and it ran. My only gripe is that it was sometimes jerky, and some objects took lots of time to load (some creatures, some Player Characters), especially at the Auction Houses.

I'm pretty sure the best solution would be to just get a desktop (or build one) that can handle the game better. It's just going to cost me more money than upgrading my RAM would. :eek:

4. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Im saying if it isnt supported by the mfg, chances are your gonna have alot of trouble running the game properly.

5. SWario

SWario Sergeant

In that case, probably. Again, best solution would be to build a desktop with a better video card, just not the best solution for my wallet.

6. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Addictions are only good to burn holes in your wallet :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds