Final Fantasy XI

Discussion in 'Software' started by MaddHatter, Jun 8, 2004.

1. MaddHatter

MaddHatter Private E-2

Just wanted to know if anyone played, and if so
    Your opinon on :
    Could a whm/sum Blm/sum Brd/Rdm and Another mage combo
    go threw the game without the need of a another, using bind and massive blm spells, (summoner is for stats opnly)

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Telling ya right now it is impossible to go through the game alone; this becomes more clear after level 10-12. After that the amount of XP you need to level is extremely high for you to kill weak enemies; anything thats normal against you will give you about 80xp but will leave you with 10% health...also mages and bards are all low defense classes that require either alot of charm or alot of mana to play and carry negative stats towards their health with items. Getting beyond level 25 requires at least 2 mages per team. Also you cant get a 2nd job untill you ding 19...and you cant get an adv job untill your 30-35; and the amount of money that mage classes consume is just rediculous (blm consuming the most).

It is ussaly the norm if you got BLM / WHM you will pick the opposite one...unless you go taru and get a whm/bard. BLM is a nuker; RDM is a fighter; WHM is a healer and BRD is a stats booster. I personally dont like magic jobs but a BRD beyond level 40 is a Must for any team to succeed!

Bottom line its an MMORPG and not a single player experiance; w/o a large team your doomed.

3. MaddHatter

MaddHatter Private E-2

um, not talking about soloing.....

4. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

"go threw the game without the need of a another" did i missinterpret?

5. MaddHatter

MaddHatter Private E-2

As in all those combind,in one group a whm/sum Blm/whm Blm/sum or w.e it was

6. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

k i see; the answer is still no because w/o tanks and melee damage inflictors when you nuke the monster it is EXTREMLY hard to remove "hate" from it without melee fighters; mages serve the purpose of backup + nuking when needed in this game not as main combattans.

a good group contains a whm ranger pal and a bard and a rdm

7. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

I played to lvl 52 and enjoyed it. After a while it seemed to get repetitive in the combat and things to do. I might have kept playing but my friends decided to move and FFXI was not worth keeping on my own.
    Right now I play AO, lvl 110 and there is still much to do.
    Long term players will probably like AO or EQ better.
    Give Priston Tale a try for a month of or two of real fun.
    AC2 is well worth a shot.

Face it, there will never be another innovation like Diablo2, free, fast game play, easy character development, and enough quests to do. D2 set the mark, and the rest of the games don't seem to get it. EQ, FFXI, AC2, AO, etc all have slow game play and almost turn based combat. Tactics and brilliant attacks are either not possible or not rewarded (messages like "monster could not attack you - no XP rewarded"). Priston Tale was not that way as the monsters attacked the spot you fired from first so you can use tactics.

Most MMORPG's have poor travel (Town Portal was a brilliant idea) and FFXI is no exception, expect LOTS of running.

There is a good community in FFXI, so teams are easy to join and work with.

All in all I say DO IT, that Red Mage can get through the game solo but it takes time. But the game is set up for teams.

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Actually, don't be so sure.

www.guildwars.com

Free monthly play as well.

9. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Are you sure that you understand what your saying? your saying that a RDM can go through a solo game where (example) level 15-19 you start collecting the 3 objects that req you to team up with level 25-30+ to find; and then when you get your adv job @ lvl 35, your saying that the quest that requires level 45s to go with so a single monster doesnt bash your face is done alone...then your saying your Aritfact armor pieces and Race specific armor pieces that req anywhere form level 45-80+ GROUPS that the mage can do it alone...Dont forget the Uber bosses @ level 25 that you need a team of 5 minimum to kill and then at every 10 levels after 40...

10. MaddHatter

MaddHatter Private E-2

Advanced at lvl 30, and obviuosly if your soloing your not running out taking the toughest things in the game, come on now
    And D2 is a bad game, very repatative
    And every MMORPG has slow lvling, to keep you in the game
    Screw runnign get a chocobo

11. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

If your "soloing" at ANY level you are either fighting Weak or Very weak since even matches consume 90% of your HP/MP and your downtime is enourmous. The only time you fight even matches and win is during the first 5 levels

12. MaddHatter

MaddHatter Private E-2

Are you talking for experiance your striaght out of your ass, cause you seem to have alot of your facts wrong. Depends on how you play , what you play as . You cant generalize and say anyone at any lvl . Beastmasters are made to solo, add a whm sub and you have a long time interval between healings. As for me we kill up to 5 things before resting, so . ...

13. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

alright seems your slow in the nogging go ahead and "solo" I dont need your retarded feedback since you have no clue what your talking about man. PM me when you hit lvl50 solo. Seems that I give you insite and information since your asking in a forums and your disagreeing with everything.

14. SubXero

SubXero Private E-2

No offense Madd but what your saying is absurd. Soloing with a redmage in ffxi "if" possible is only something a no talent ass clown would do. I leveled a rdm to level 52 and I can tell you that nobody with half a brain is going to want to level solo, especially not with a rdm. First off, all you can do is enfeeble and use half assed melee attacks. Second, you might get by with getting kills in your early levels but once you hit dunes your screwed up the ass by a pack of wild monkeys. Just tell me how many snippers you soloed while going from 12-20 before you go to Jeuno? And how did you manage to get your needed items to unlock the sub job? It is impossible to do if you plan to get your sub job at level 20. If you don't plan on getting it at 20 you will still be considered a n00b by everyone because thats the way conduct goes in ffxi. If you have no subjob, your a nub... No group above 20 will want a subjobless freak and after 20 if your fighting solo your not getting any experience because the only monsters your red mage can beat now either kill your 1/2 the time or are too weak to be worthwhile.

Now to wrap this whole discussion up, I agree with Omegamerc. Hate me if you will but he is right and your previous statements in this topic lead me to believe that your the one talking out of your ass. No, do not solo in FFXI. If you want to play a MMORPG and actually have fun, these games are specifically geared towards teamwork and anyone who solos always has penalties, in FFXI the biggest penalty is the amount of time it will take you to gain levels and the lack of fun you recieve. If you solo you will spend many hours frustrated at the fact that you have died from being aggroed by enemies that square put in there specifically to encourage you to use teamwork. The game is more fun when you associate with other players, in fact thats about the only time its fun. When your doing your fishing, gardening, etc... Its completely boring if you have nobody to talk to while you sit there and wait for you character to make or catch or whatever it is your doing. So go ahead and solo if you want, but be warned, you will end up not enjoying your experience and will quit the game due to dry bored frustration. Soloists to FFXI always either learn to suck up their pride and ask for help or continue to be stubborn jackasses and get raped...

Thanks for your time,

;)

15. MaddHatter

MaddHatter Private E-2

Please find in my post where i said a RDM could solo, that was DOA. And its not impossible to solo, they made a whole class to solo, and no, it wouldnt be fun/easy, thats why this post was about a group, but got moved toward soloing somehow

16. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

*Beats dead horse with a bat*

*Kicks it once more for good measure*

Whether you said a RDM can solo or not, is irrelevant.

What you did say, and I quote,
    Now please find a post where they said a RDM COULDN'T solo. They said it was a bad idea. Nobody even said soloing wasn't possible. I see them saying it is dumb as hell though. When I played FFXI, the thought of soloing was dumb. If soloing excites you, save the monthly fee and get a single player game.

I think reading comprehension should be on your to do: list today.

17. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Because of this statement:

Instead of correcting people on what you meant, you argued about soloing.

This is how things get off topic :)

18. Jamiko

Jamiko Sergeant

Actually, what was originally written is this:

"Could a whm/sum Blm/sum Brd/Rdm and Another mage combo
    go threw the game without the need of a another, using bind and massive blm spells, (summoner is for stats opnly)"

Read it closely, he is talking about a group of 4 people, without needing any MORE people.

19. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Without neeing any MORE people sounds a lot better than "without the need of another". But he did not post "MORE people". Right?

Like I said, instead of correcting people in what he really meant, he argued the soloing point and the whole post went off topic.

When I first read it, I too thought he meant soloing. So did others.

I would have worded it differently.

20. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

*Beats dead horse with a bat*

*Kicks it once more for good measure*

:)

21. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

eheh; overnight the calvary finnaly came in :cool:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds