**FINALS WEEK EMERGENCY** Visual Studio 2008 empty properties window bug

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pvt. Stash, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Pvt. Stash

Pvt. Stash Private E-2

As the title says I've got an emergency on my hands. My fully registered and legal version of Visual Studio 2008 has worked fine for two semesters, but suddenly today I was working and the toolbox and properties windows just went blank with no error message or anything.

I've rebooted the system, repaired the installation, deleted the files in my localhost VS settings, and followed the advice on the following links but it hasn't fixed anything.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/install/vsnetbugblankproperty.aspx
    http://codingsmarter.com/post/2008/05/14/Property-Window-is-Blank-in-Visual-Studio-2008.aspx

MSDN forums have absolutely no listing of this thing as far as I can tell, and aside from a handful of websites it's a mystery bug. I've got less than a week to complete this project (and I'm almost done) but I really need to get this thing fixed.

Does anyone know how to repair this?! :cry

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. Pvt. Stash

Pvt. Stash Private E-2

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried both of these and no luck. I'm attempting to completely reinstall visual studio now. I really hope that fixes it. What lousy timing for the Microsoft curse to strike. :p

If I have any luck I'll post up.

4. Pvt. Stash

Pvt. Stash Private E-2

Just finished uninstalling and then reinstalling VS 2008...no luck. Properties and toolbox windows still won't populate.

Any other ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds