find windows 7 product key

Discussion in 'Software' started by MNEEDS, Jun 5, 2012.

1. MNEEDS

MNEEDS Private E-2

is it possible to use my windows 7 recovery disk on a bran new hard drive? I had to replace the hard drive but the disk doesnt seem to be working. it brings up the menu
    i found ways to get win7 but i need my product key which is melted off

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

3. MNEEDS

MNEEDS Private E-2

how does that work if i cant get logged on? its not detecting my hard drive at all I guess.

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

What is that recovery disk, something you made (backup), or an OEM disk that came with the computer?

5. MNEEDS

MNEEDS Private E-2

Just my recovery disk, I have a backup of files but they seem to be useless when I thought the backup files would help to restore something! I need to find the product key on the unbootable hard drive.

6. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

I am not sure if this will work for Windows 7 but try this. Download Keyfinderpe. It is a cab file. You will have to unzip it with something like winrar. You will not be able to double click it. Open up the archiver software and select the cab file to unzip. You will need the inf and exe files. After extracting, double click the XP-Key-Reader.exe file and select the "Read Remote Key" button and browse to the windows directory on the unbootable hard drive. I am assuming you have the unbootable hard drive connected to the bootable computer.

7. Ewen

Ewen Corporal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds