Finding a all in one printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sha, May 8, 2009.

1. Sha

Sha Private E-2

I live in Mexico and need a All in One printer, scanner bad, heading back to the states soon and dont now whats really good out there. Can anyone help. Not to fancy, but I would love to be able to refill the ink cartrages somehow. Will have to do that myself. if you know of any would love to have information.
    Thanks

2. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

:wave Welcome, Sha. I find that going into stores and asking questions on products is the best way to get exactly what you need. I tend to visit smaller, independent retailers and haggle like hell to get a better deal. Win some, lose some. Some call it negotiating. In my case I call it being tight fisted. rolleyes

3. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

I use pricegrabber to compare prices:
    http://www.pricegrabber.com/
    and there are some user reviews on there as well.

fyi, i have an hp c3100 all in one, and i am very pleased with it. I don't refill my own cartridges, but I don't print very much either. I think i paid around $79 on sale at office max.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What sort of max $ are you thinking of spending as it will allow us to talior our options for you?

I agree with thesmokingun in that HP All-in-Ones are good, I have a C4380.

5. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hello, Sha, I have a Lexmark 1200 AIO, and altho I do like it, I will tell you this, check out the price of ink cartridges also.... I have seen the Kodak AIO, and it has very low priced cartridges, but I found it difficult to use.. The Lexmark, on the other hand, is very easy to use, and I can re-size and edit photos... But, the down side is, the ink cartridges cost both an arm and a leg. I don't do much printing either, but darn those heads dry out anyway... So, do a LOT of research, and check them out in person.... ;)

6. Sha

Sha Private E-2

Thanks so much for all your suggestions. I think maybe a HP might be the one, looks like you can refill there cartriges. It is necessary where I am because to buy one is about 100 miles. Some guy down the road refills them and does a pretty good job. Or I see there are places to order online and you can actually do it yourself.
    Thanks again. New to this. rolleyes

7. Sha

Sha Private E-2

Probably about 200.00 im thinking or less :)

8. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

one thing about "authentic" hp cartridges, is they are usually the same price regardless of where you buy them, but you can buy them online, rather than refilling them.

9. rosiesdad

rosiesdad Private E-2

Consider the new Kodak all in one available at Walmarts. They advertise ink as being enough reason to drop your old all in one and switch.
    Being Kodak, and available online or instore from Walmart should mean you wont have any problems finding one. I think they sell for under $100, so buy two..:p

10. Doc43

Doc43 Private First Class

I have an HP 4680 wireless and am totally thrilled with the ease of use.

11. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Do you want to purchase before returning to the U.S. or can the purchase be deferred until after you return?

About two months ago, I bought one of these:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828113340
    I've used it for printing, faxing, and copying. I have not used it as a scanner yet. I'm pleased with it so far. I currently have it networked so that I can access it from multiple computers; it's connected to my router. I've also had it connected directly to my laptop via USB. It can also be setup for wireless connectivity.

This printer has separate ink cartridges for black, cyan, magenta, and yellow. That can usually lower ink replacement cost because each color can be replaced separately.

I also see a sale price in newegg.com now on a very similar model:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828113328

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds