Finding a name behind a picture

Discussion in 'Software' started by deanie0923, Nov 29, 2008.

1. deanie0923

deanie0923 Private E-2

This is probably a dumb question, but I have a picture of someone that another is impersonating as. I would like to know who is actually in the picture. A friend said she thought there was a site that one could submit a picture and it could browse the internet and find all the locations that picture is located. Hope this makes sense.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!

2. deanie0923

deanie0923 Private E-2

Okay, I found out the name of the softwear which is Face Recognition Software. However, I know nothing at all about it and so far there have not been any responses.

I have a picture and I just want to find out who it is.

Any help out there?

Thanks!

3. NightFirer

NightFirer Private First Class

Well there are too many variables in that question.

1 Is it a stock photo or come from mag, newspaper, did someone in the family take it, Was it on the internet.
    2 The better question to ask who took the picture of this person who want to know about.
    3 Is there some details of the photo that you can trace ?

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Facial recognition software is commonly used by law enforcement. If you've ever seen CSI, you know what I'm talking about. Many nations in Europe have publicly placed cameras that can be used to scan facial features and compare them to a database of known criminals. The programs use features like cheekbone placement/angles, jawline and jaw angle, eye socket placement, and other structural facial features; using a disguise generally doesn't "fool" the system, unless the person has had reconstructive surgery, and even then, unless the actual bone structure was altered, even surgery may not be able to hide someone. This may be a bit beyond what it is you need to do. Or maybe not. Like Night Frier said above.... there's just too many unknown, vague, and ambiguous variables and possibilities for us to really provide any useful information.

5. deanie0923

deanie0923 Private E-2

Thank you for your responses.

I don't know who took the picture. It was on a website and used as a 'fake' person. The person writing was not the man in the picture. It turned out to be a scam to entice mature women to send money and/or things...like laptops, Iphones, etc.

However, I just wanted to find out who the man is in the picture. The pic was obviously taken outside a car dealership. The person who repesented sending the picure said he was from Palm Springs, CA. But that could or could not be true.

I included the pic as an attachment. This may be fruitless, but I would at least like to try.

Thanks again!

Deanie

Attached Files:

6. deanie0923

deanie0923 Private E-2

By the way I did contact a couple of GMC dealerships in the Palm Springs area, but they do not know him.

7. NightFirer

okay the other problem with finding out who this person is... Was this picture promoting a sale, Whether the people u contacted or not may have not because maybe the GMC or Chevy which ever dealership this was taken at.. This person may have brought in just for that picture, or a sale... It's too hard to guess and the worst of it is that may not be the whole picture that u have, but there more I have this feeling..

8. deanie0923

deanie0923 Private E-2

You are so sweet to keep responding. I got the feeling this guy worked at the dealership. I also have a pic from IM which I could not save to my computer. He was standing in the parking lot. Thanks!

Attached Files:

9. NightFirer

Here's my last post for ya
    1 If the pic was part of a scam, Then this could truly be someone who just snapped a photo of this man, WITHOUT consent of him or the Dealership??? Which leads to think about some serious crimes involved in this scam? K?

2 IF U think that this pic is a dealership some where in Palm Springs CA then I would suggest contact the Sales Manager at each and every dealership whether it be a GMC or Chevy Dealership and ask about the person in the pic, IN PERSON... That will probably take some time...

Otherwise it ( Fill in the Blank) impossible to find this person let alone the dealership in Question...

10. deanie0923

deanie0923 Private E-2

I did email the pic. There aren't that many dealerships. I figured it was a long shot, but thought I'd try. Can't visit in person as I live in NC. oh ummmm One never knows though. ;)

Maybe I should just put an ad in the paper with the pic...Does anybody know this man??? :-D

Thanks again!

Deanie

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds