Finding Information About A Website

Discussion in 'Software' started by Eezak, Aug 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Eezak

Eezak Staff Sergeant

I'd like to be able to find information about a given website -- owner name, country of the servers it's on, any known legal problems etc.; ie a quick rundown on whatever can easily be found out about a website. It seems to me there used to be a tool for that sort of thing -- a browser add-on I think.

Any suggestions for software here at MG or browser add-ons or other software that can provide this kind of info?

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

3. Eezak

Eezak Staff Sergeant

Wow, thank you Mr Turner. Lots of good info on your website. I didn't really think I'd be able to find out the actual owner -- possibly if it was a corporation, but on the site I'm curious about I think it's just an individual or two who constitute the LLC. Thanks again. ;)

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings Eezak.

One other very simple (and free) information tool is built into most modern browsers. Simply right-click on a web page and select "View Source" or "View Page Source" from the context menu. Along with a presentation of the code used to build the page, you can sometimes glean valuable information about the author in the meta tags (usually located near the top of the page).

Eezak likes this.
  5. Eezak

Eezak Staff Sergeant

Thanks Caliban. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds