Finding Tempature

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Doom, May 28, 2006.

1. Doom

Doom Private E-2

How do you find the tempature of your pc. As well as processor, video card, etc.?

Thanks,

Jim

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

You can use the Free version of Everest to give you a readout of your temps for CPU, Motherboard, GFX card etc,

also dependent on motherboard or GFX card maker, they generally have a ultility to display temps. ( note: not all GFX cards will have a temp sensor )

3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Also you can enter the BIOS during system start-up by tapping "DELETE" and enter the "PC Health" menu, this is often the most accurate. EVEREST is excellent to assess the temps while within the OS but you need to be aware that you will only obtain temp readings if you have temp sensors within your system. I can't obtain GPU (Vid Card) as I have no sensors on my card but can with CPU, HDD and mobo.

4. geekedittilitGHz

geekedittilitGHz <i>puto cum grano salis</i>

5. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

I like & use Everest, besides temps voltages it offers a Whole Butt load of Info:)

Speed fan I don't like:p

I also Like and use MBM5 (Motherboard Monitor 5) you can display on your desktop & tray: temps for CPU- GPU- HDD- chipset, voltages, cpu usage, fan speed's
    here's a screenie

Attached Files:

6. Doom

Doom Private E-2

i have everest but i can't figure out how to use it. Is there a online users guide or somthing?

7. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Basically if you open EVEREST and expand Computer and click on Sensor it will display all the info you need there.

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      47.7 KB
      Views:
  8. Doom

Doom Private E-2

o... snap i see now Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds