Finding the path to Outlook Office 2000

Discussion in 'Software' started by falconrising, Oct 16, 2005.

1. falconrising

falconrising Private E-2

How do I find the path for my Outlook Express Office 2000? I want to program my Epson Smart Panel to receive scans and all I can find is paths to shortcuts. How do I find where the actural Outlook is so that I can give Epson the necessary info?

Running Windowns XP Thanks

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I'm not sure I understand your query, but "msimn.exe" gets me to Outlook Express 6, as part of my Office 2000 suité. Is this what you are after? Bazza

===

3. falconrising

falconrising Private E-2

I am trying to configure Outlook Express to work with my Epson printer. In other words to scan documents into my email. They ask for a path. I imagine they are talking about where Outlook Express 2000 is on my hard drive. When I do a search all that comes up are short cuts to the program. How do I find out where the actual program is so that I can enter it in my Epson scanner program? Thanks

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

The default installation for Outlook Express is C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe (replace C for your drive letter)

5. falconrising

falconrising Private E-2

now we might be getting somewhere. when i entered msimn.exe it brought up Outlook Express 6. I am running Outlook Express Office 2000. What is the location for this? Thank you very much.

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

Outlook Express Office 2000?

I'm clueless on this, but, I do know that outlook express is the generic email client that comes with any MS OS.

Office on the other hand comes with OUTLOOK.

The path to OUTLOOK is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE9

I believe.... :)

7. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Falconrising, I've never heard of Outlook Express Office 2000.

Just to clarify further,

Outlook Express is the free "budget" email client included with most Windows.

Outlook is a paid, dedicated email client, and it's included in many versions of Office.

Anyway, Outlook Express will be where I said originally, or Outlook, depending on the version, will be in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE (OFFICE11 will vary depending on version, ie 9,10,11)

8. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Agree with Insomniac.
    In my version of Office 2000, Outlook Express comes up as Outlook Express 6, not Outlook Express Office 2000.
    Path to Outlook Express is as per Insomniac's earlier post.
    Or do a search for msimn.exe, to be certain, if you, or M$, have installed it in some other path.

Outlook and Outlook Express, both come on Office 2000 (on my version). Bazza
    ===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds