Firefox and Mozilla Warning: Users Told to Upgrade

Discussion in 'Software' started by COMPUABLE, Apr 22, 2006.

1. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

Firefox and Mozilla Warning: Users Told to Upgrade their Software

Users of the Firefox Web browser are being urged to upgrade as a government computer security agency warned of multiple vulnerabilities in earlier versions of the software. The group recommends upgrading to the latest Firefox release available, which would be 1.5.0.2 … Read More

Also affected are Mozilla Seamonkey, the Mozilla suite and any other products that are based around the Gecko engine. Users are advised to upgrade to Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.2, Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5.0.2, and SeaMonkey 1.0.1. All three of these are available right here at major Geeks at those links. :)

Related Link: Firefox Multiple Vulnerabilities

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

It is quite exciting that this wasn't issued, UNTIL AFTER 1.5.0.2 was released.

1.0.8 firefox and 1.5.0.2 of thunderbird should also be available.

Just some tidbits. 1.0.x will be not supported once 2.0 comes out this year. 1.5.x stops when 3.0 comes out next year.

In addition, 2.x will not work with 9x boxes, due to Cairo (SVG). Unless someone develops for it.

Running: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060422 Minefield/3.0a1 ID:2006042204 [cairo]

3. green11890

green11890 Private E-2

Mozilla Firefox is the best browser around:D

4. star17

star17 MajorGeek

You do realize you posted that in a thread announcing FF had 21 vulnerabilities...;)

By golly, that's more than IE had this month!

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Hehe, a contest is brewing here. :D I guess the kiddies are bored with IE this month.:rolleyes:

6. green11890

green11890 Private E-2

ok,wut ive should of said is in my opinion. I like it better.:)

7. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

Actually, 21 was the total for all Mozilla products. 1.5.0.1 only had 7.

8. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Imagine the responses I'd get if I posted that they found "only" 7 flaws in IE this month. ;)

My response wasn't version-specific; I said FF had 21 vulnerabilities, not FF 1.0.7. etc. Updating to version 1.5.0.2 fixes 8 vulnerabilities, updating to 1.0.8 fixes 19 which equals 27, 5 of which aren't considered critical.

Btw, the total for "Mozilla Products" is 71 if the latest updates for the Suite, T-bird and SeaMonkey versions are included. A couple dozen of those aren't considered critical, but a flaws a flaw, right? ;)

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html

9. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

I miscounted; it is 8, not 7. 5 of the flaws in 1.5.0.2 were also fixed in 1.0.8, so you get 27 only if you count the same flaws twice. The actual total is 22.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds