Firefox (annoying problem).. & Windows Indexing

Discussion in 'Software' started by vizarati, Jul 25, 2011.

1. vizarati

vizarati Private E-2

Ok I just recently had to do a full reinstall and am just now getting my computer back up on its wires. Well I reinstalled Firefox (4.0.1 for now until real player recording is workable with 5.0+) and am getting this annoying problem. Its like another Firefox inside of Firefox (see images). It doesn't do it all the time but sometimes, if I try to open a webpage inside of a new tab I get this stupid thing that doesn't let me view any other tabs. Just the one tab even if I have 500 open. I dragged one of the tabs down to the taskbar and it opened it up in a new window (images) with the Firefox inside of Firefox problem.

http://imgsrc.com/imgbank/1twt.jpg
    http://imgsrc.com/imgbank/2jvj.jpg

Also... Windows Indexing, I didn't have this on my PC before the reinstall. I uninstalled windows search from Add or Remove but Im still getting the magnifying glass down in the task bar that says its indexing. How do I stop this? I have gone through msconfig and unchecked it in booting but I get that stupid boot message saying "You have changed the yadayada". Is there another way to completely remove this? I have also unchecked allow indexing in C: properties and in my partion M:

Thanks and sorry if this doesn't make any since, 20 hours of non stop reformatting and reinstalling has made me slightly bonkers.

2. MadMal

MadMal Corporal

FireFox, I can't help, sorry.

Indexing, did you go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and disable "Indexing Service"?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds