firefox high cpu usage (google toolbar problem)

Discussion in 'Software' started by languy99, May 18, 2006.

1. languy99

languy99 Corporal

lately FireFox has been using a ton of cpu, i mean even idle it uses 70+ of the cpu and that slows everything down, the only tings i have changed were that i installed the new google tool bar and the IE extension, i took out the IE extension and that kinda helped, i took out the new google tool bar and everything is fine, if you are having problems with slow computer since the new toolbar try an older version, 1.0.20051122 because the trouble started when i installed the new 2.0 version. the only problem is that i can't find an older version, if anyone knows let me know thanks.

2. languy99

languy99 Corporal

ok i figured out the problem, when you install the new version you have to uninstall the old version there is some bug that makes it use lots of the cpu if you just install over it, so go to tools, extension, uninstall google toolbar and restart the browser. then reinstall the tool bar from here http://toolbar.google.com/ then everything should be fine again.

3. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

There's more than one IE extension. IE Tab, which opens IE in a new Firefox tab, has a known memory leak. Ieview, which opens IE in a new window, has no such problem. I especially recommend the newer, trimmed-down version, IE View Lite. It has the same functionality in a much smaller program, 4KB vs 47.4:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1429/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds