FireFox High CPU Usage While Viewing Flash Sites

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tom K, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Tom K

Tom K Private First Class

Hey MajorGeeks! :wave
    Having an increasingly problematic and annoying problem. While running the latest version of FireFox, I cannot visit Flash intensive sites without the FireFox CPU running excessively high, sometimes as high as 99. Some examples of the culprit content are the game FarmVille and flash-type advertisements. I have had this problem using earlier versions of FireFox as well. When this occurs, some graphics have trouble loading and appear jagged, and speed (animation and navigation) grinds to a near halt. Tab or application switching similarly is prolonged.

I have tried uninstalling Adobe Flash Player and installing the latest version. This has not changed anything. Please advise me what I may try next to resolve this issue. Thank you.

2. Noone

Noone Private E-2

I've had similar issues with pausing and lag before with the firefox flash plugin. completely remove it using these instructions and reinstall the current version from adobe's site.

3. Tom K

From my original message:
    :confused

Any other suggestions?

4. Noone

Noone Private E-2

Did you try using the uninstall tool I pointed you at? The uninstaller that comes with flash doesn't remove everything and the issue didn't go away for me until I used to the uninstall tool.

Also, try using the plugin under a browser that gives a bigger timeslice to flash, like opera or google chrome and see if it is a firefox specific issue.

5. Tom K

Yes, I used that very same uninstall tool before re-installing the latest version of Adobe Flash.

I also tried the other suggestion, but this problem apparently is not specific to FireFox.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds