Firefox & Site Advisor

Discussion in 'Software' started by Toni_1947, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

Hi!
    I just clicked on Firefox, which I have McAfee's Site Advisor as an extension and I got this: Any info as to what this is all about? I chose 'Cancel' just in case. Site Advisor is still working properly though. I tested it.

Attached Files:

2. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

I've just received the same error message word for word, though there was no mention about the default Browser. This happend right after updating Spybot S&D. Also I just updated SA to v23 last night. A number of folks have been reporting problems with the latest verion of SA and Fx 1.5.0.6. Although yours & now mine are the only ones of this type that I have found so far.

Moz says it is a problem with McAfee.

In light of the number of folks reporting problems I tend to agree with Moz. Haven't sufferd any ill of affects so far but only happend a few minutes ago.

Check that... CPU usage is up slightly, a percent or two. Windows Explorer seems to be the culprit.

To the chase...

3. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

:D Thanks for the reply!
    I saw several posts regarding this type warning as well.
    Site Advisor works perfectly, so I guess it's just an annoyance they'll get straightened out eventually.
    Firefox ISN'T my default browser...AM Browser is. That's why I get THAT query. :)
    Since 'All is Well'...I'm going to POGO and have some fun!
    Later!
    :D

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds