Firefox To Remember Password

Discussion in 'Software' started by _Chris_, Apr 27, 2017.

1. _Chris_

_Chris_ Private E-2

How do you get Firefox to remember your login password for various sites, similar to what IE does please?

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Firefox > TOOLS > Options > Security > Log Ins

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You also can not have it clean the history when it closes.
    I had mine set for that and it cleaned out everything.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Not true at all. I have passwords (with a Master Password) in Fx and I clean the entire history and cookies on close. It does not delete any passwords, saved form information or logins if you know how to set it. History has nothing to do with saved log ins.
    And if you look at the most common disk cleaners (eg CCleaner) they have Web Browser passwords, saved form information and log ins UNCHECKED by default.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  5. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Here are the Tools > Options > Privacy > 'Clear History when close'
    Untitled.jpg
    That requires completion only when someone proactively checks the 'clear history on close' which is UNCHECKED by default.
    No one will lose any logins/passwords unless they proactively check that clear history option and then choose the items.
    For users who prefer to use CCleaner, Slim Cleaner, Wise Cleaner or others the browser password and login options are always unchecked by default, so a proactive decision would be needed to remove them.
    Therefore accidental deletion of passwords/logins is very hard.

7. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Earthling likes this.
  8. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

9. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I used Roboform many years ago but it ended up being a pain in the neck.
    I've always found Firefox's built-in PW manager fine, and never seen any 'problems' with it, but for people who are especially 'security' conscious then something like that is fine if they want that extra effort.
    Securing the system itself is the key issue.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds