FireFox: Websites Not Displaying Correctly

Discussion in 'Software' started by ANHEDONIC, Aug 19, 2005.

1. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

okay everything was fine an dandy.. i recently ran CrapCleaner, and in Options, selected a bunch of sites for it to NOT touch the cookies of...

now my websites aren't dispalying correctly... sites like yahoo mail, cnn, etc... i checked my Firefox options and the same things that were checked off previous to this problem are still checked off, Load Images, Enable Javascript, (not enable Java)... here's what it looks like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

what happens if you hit CTRL+SHIFT+S

3. ANHEDONIC

my winamp pops up (ever after it's been closed) =]

4. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

Did you run CCleaner while Firefox was open? That often causes this type of problem. It's easily fixed by clearing the Firefox cache.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  5. ANHEDONIC

bingo! you the man GK! thanks

6. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

You're welcome, glad my long hours spent on support forums was not wasted. :)

If you'd be interested to find out how this bug works, check out this thread from the CCleaner forum:

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=850&st=0

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds