Firefox won't open even in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by greybuffalo, Apr 3, 2015.

1. greybuffalo

greybuffalo Staff Sergeant

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

After pressing F8, you need to select Safe Mode with Networking. And that page just sits at Loading...

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

As JoeRay12 said, finish with your thread in the Malware Removal Forum. Then come back here.

FYI That page has no problem loading in Mozilla Firefox. I couldn't get it to load in Internet Explorer which may be due to the TPLs.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If this is happening on the same computer as the one your trying to remove malware from HERE then finish the malware removal first as mentioned as you will only go around in circles.

5. greybuffalo

I did that already:)
    Thanks

6. greybuffalo

I think this could be related to Site advisor and other of my anti virus programs and is limited to Firefox.
    I will now use Opera and see what happens and report back

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

In your malware thread HERE you stated
    No one as far as I can see has told you to do that... finish what TimW and Chaslang suggest in the malware forum thread before trying to fix a browser as you will go around in circles.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds