Firefox Won't Retain My Chosen Settings

Discussion in 'Software' started by mark59, May 9, 2013.

1. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

This is not my week with technology. This is the third or fourth thread I've started this week.

This problem is minor and probably has an elegantly simple solution.

In Mozilla Firefox 20.0.1 in Tools, Options, Privacy: I keep setting Location Bar - "When using the location bar, suggest:". I set it to 'Nothing' but Firefox changes it to 'History and Bookmarks'.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I'm going to refer you to the Mozilla Support Site. At the top of the page there are dropdown boxes where you can select your OS and Firefox version.

I'm running the same version of Firefox on my XP Pro computer and just to see if I would have the same issue you're having, I chose your location bar settings, clicked OK and brought the Options dialogue box back up. The setting stayed even after restarting Firefox.

The solution may be elegantly simple OR there may be some other issue.

Last edited: May 9, 2013

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds