Firewall/Antivirus

Discussion in 'Software' started by imhangen, Jun 20, 2005.

1. imhangen

imhangen Private E-2

I am trying to decide what the best firewall and Antivirus software is to obtain. Cost IS NOT an issue. The only issue is to ensure complete protection of a small business network. Network consist of 4 pc's and one network printer. I currently use NIS 2004 at home in conjunction with Adware6 and SpybotS&D and am very happy with results. However I am also noticing that in other threads some are not happy with the NIS and are opting for the Zonealarm and Avast Home Edition. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I want to make sure this persons network has the protection he expects.

Thanks

2. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

I currently use Nod32 and Sygate Personal Firewall Pro and they work great together.

But for free antivirus I would choose avast! or antivir. Avg is overrated and isnt that good. See AV-Comparatives once you get there click on comparatives > go to On-demand comparative February 2005 > see the graph > go back and click on Retrospective/ProActive Test May 2005(huerisitics) and see that avg isnt that good.

controlmind

3. NewsFlash

NewsFlash Corporal

I came across something called EZTrust or EZsomething AV and firewall combo and they are offering one year free use. Damn if I can find it now. Anyone know anything about it?

4. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

Yes, look here Antivirus software & firewall protection look for (Computer Associates)

controlmind

5. NewsFlash

NewsFlash Corporal

Hey controlmind, I found that too but I don't think it's the right one. The one I saw was a COMBO av + firewall, and I think the firewall in it is zonealarm pro, and it's free for one year.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds