Firewall / Port security question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Still Learning, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Still Learning

Still Learning Private First Class

I have Zonealarm allready but what I am looking for is a windows program that will display all of the ports on my pc currently in use and what they are being used for, and an option to close or open the port. Simple program that does not take alot of memory up or slow down my PC. That way I can view all my used ports real time. Can anyone suggest a good program for that?

btw something that is GUI / automated type thing, not CMD > netstat -a or something, i would like it to keep refreshing and show everything all ports realtime. thanks!

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

3. Still Learning

Still Learning Private First Class

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!! CurrPorts rocks!

Thank you!!

:celebrate:celebrate:

What do you recommend for the ports that have unknown programs running, i notice some look like they are running from my local router 192.168.x.x.. and some local host ports that all show as unknown.

How do I make this program start when ever my XP boots in the msconfig?

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

check this link for the unknown ports. http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers

For the start up at boot, you need to place a short cut for the program in the Startup folder located - C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    Do that instead of msconfig.

Hope this helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds