firm ware reverse??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by windseaker, Jun 23, 2011.

1. windseaker

windseaker Private E-2

running xp w/ sp3
    Lite -on DVDrw sohw 1633s

I had intermittent problem with burning, sometimes it would burn great then other times show errors, so update firmware from BSOC to BSOY from Lite-on site, now dvd will only burn 726MB???
    Can I undo firmware or is this something else??
    please help

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I used to have one of those and the the only thing I remember being offered as an upgrade is burning/reading dual-sided DVD's and the upgrade was non-reversible so I left it alone. Sorry I can't help more. They're only $20 these days as opposed to $100.;)

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I had to flash a lite on with a different firmware and I remember there is a switch if you run the flash from a command line that skips the check, it might let you downgrade. I forget the switch now & I have to give you the warning you may brick your drive.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds