Fishing

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lance Bombardier, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Lance Bombardier

Lance Bombardier Private First Class

I've just been struck by "Fishing", put out by CMCltd, possibly?
    Does anubody know anything about it? Please?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I take it you are thinking this is spyware or something? ( I've not come across that one... did do a search of Spyware lists and found no reference to Fishing )

If so what program told you it was?

3. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

Agree with halo nothing connected fishing CMC Ltd and spyware but I had loads of hits with just fishing CMC Ltd - most to do with nautical or fishing companies.

What are the symptoms that you observe with "fishing"?

4. Lance Bombardier

It's not like anything I've come across before. It appeared as an email attachment (which I know I should have left alone, but antivirus programmes didn't worry about it)
    It covers the screen with little boards saying "IÏsn't this a bitch"
    I t tooka a long time to delete it - I had to go into DOS eventually.
    I got nowhere tracing CMC as well.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Woooo that sounds new!

Was the attachment an .exe? if so what was its name or was the name "Fishing"

Glad you have rid of it tho :)

6. Lance Bombardier

It was called "fishing" with an icon of a tilted yellow diamond with swirls at two opposite corners. I assume it was an .exe. Loking at "Properties" said CMC ltd.
    Boy, so was I

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds