Fix Mysql Server Crash

Discussion in 'Malware Help - Public (Anyone Can Post & Respond)' started by archibaldy, Jan 26, 2017.

1. archibaldy

archibaldy Private E-2

Some time ago we had a serious server failure and unfortunately all the data was corrupted including the mysql database. We try to start the server, but it gives many errors on startup and MySQL refuses to run. So I decided to create a new server (Ubuntu 8.10). Before that we used (Fedora Core 5). I copied the MySQL directory across to this but it does not start.

Attached is a dump of the errors shown when running "mysqld --verbose", with the innodb_force_recovery=6 option. Sometimes while running this check, it will pass the sanity check, while other times it will fail.
    Additionally i have tried all innodb_force_recovery options, from 1-8, and none of them allow mysql to start. Can anyone advise on how to go about recovering the data?

2. archibaldy

archibaldy Private E-2

guys have any ideas on my question?

3. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

There is no attachment in your post.

4. archibaldy

archibaldy Private E-2

Sorry, I forgot to attach file)

Attached Files:

5. archibaldy

archibaldy Private E-2

If I browse the ibdata1 file I can see most of the data (there appear to be a few rows missing). Are there any tools that can read the ibdata1 file and extract data row by row?

BrianConroy likes this.
  6. BrianConroy

BrianConroy Private E-2

"Can anyone advise on how to go about recovering the data? If I browse the ibdata1 file I can see most of the data (there appear to be a few rows missing). Are there any tools that can read the ibdata1 file and extract data row by row?"

Please don't do this... you may end up corrupting innodb data files.

7. BrianConroy

BrianConroy Private E-2

It is better to follow what error log says..
    Please read the article below about database recovery for mysql and follow instructions on how to resolve the stack trace. Resolved stack trace is much more helpful in diagnosing the problem, so please do resolve it.
    Just follow the steps provided in the link.. once the stack trace issue is resolved you will have exact cause for the problem and solution.

If this does not solve the problem then you can try some tool MySql Recovery Toolbox to save the database. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/mysql_recovery.html

Article about database recovery for mysql
    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/using-stack-trace.html

8. archibaldy

archibaldy Private E-2

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds