Fixing corrupted Jet 4.0 database engine

Discussion in 'Software' started by sublimleylimey, Sep 9, 2011.

1. sublimleylimey

sublimleylimey Private E-2

Hi can anyone help me fix this error message - library is corrupted run jet 4.0 service pack. The system will not let me run the service pack and I can't uninstall the current version . Thanks
    running XP sp3 .

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. sublimleylimey

Hi, the latest version is installed newer than the one which can be downloaded so that when the down loaded file is run the system gives this message 'the version you are trying to install is older than the files on the system there is no need to run the package' and prevents the install from running.
    I can't uninstall the version installed as it is not on the list of programs. Do you know how to do that ?

4. plodr

Sorry, I've never run Access so I am clueless.
    I did search (XP SP3 computer) and I have an msjet40.dll in 3 locations: i386 folder, Windows\system32 folder and Windows\system32\dll cache
    check those locations and see what versions are in there.

5. sublimleylimey

They are all the same version . When I try to remove manually the system just restores them . ????

6. sublimleylimey

Plodr, are you there buddy ? what happens now ? please .. anybody .... :cry

7. plodr

It restores them from where?
    If you remove the "newest" Jet from the 3 locations the computer has nowhere to restore the file from. Place the version you would like in the 3 locations.

8. sublimleylimey

Okay I will try deleting them again . Does the system keep copies of hotfixes or something like that . I don't know these things sorry .
    Thanks again sir .

9. plodr

I'm not a sir, I'm a lady.

If you search for the file, as I did on my computer, you will see all the locations that the particular dll is located in.

I do not like XP's search function. I use this http://www.voidtools.com/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds