Flash Buttons

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kemper1989, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Kemper1989

Kemper1989 Private E-2

My friend gave me some Flash Buttons in a the SWF file form. I was wondering how you put them so there side by side each other like bellow in HTML.
    |-----| |-----| |-----|
    ----- ----- -----

I know how to place them on there so there bellow one another by using the code:
    <param name="movie" value="FILE LOCATION">
    <param name="quality" value="high">
    <embed src="FILE LOCATION" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="110" height="90"></embed></object>

and just repeating the code for every button. But I want to have them side by side, any ideas?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

<table>
    <tr>
    <td>Flash Code Button 1</td>
    <td>Flash Code Button 2</td>
    <td>You get the idea... </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

You might want to add some CSS to that to get rid of the borders, spacings etc.

4. Kemper1989

Kemper1989 Private E-2

Alright, thanks guys
    I'll try it right now

5. Kemper1989

Kemper1989 Private E-2

Alrite, maybe A simple fix here but I typed:
    <table>
    <tr>
    <td>Location Of SWF File<td>
    <td>Location Of SWF File</td>
    <td>Location Of SWF File</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

And this is what it shows on the website:
    Location Of Location Of Location Of
    SWF File SWF File SWF File

The good news is atleast its putting them side by side, the bad news is its not showing the buttons just the path of them lol.
    Can I get some help?

6. Kemper1989

Kemper1989 Private E-2

Okay, forget about what I said bellow, I fixed that problem. I wasn't really thinking.
    My new problem is that the document of the flash buttons aren't the same, like the button itself is the same size but the effects my extend like 20 px up and the next button may have 20 px bellow.
    see what im trying to say is that The first one, the button is lower because the effect when you hit it a flame burst up. The one next to it, the button is lower because when you click it water pours out the bottom.
    How Do I align them? also how do I add a background picture just behind the buttons not the websites actual background.
    Sorry if it seems confusing, hope someone can help, spent along time making those buttons with :)

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

like i said, use some CSS to get rid of padding.

<table style="padding:0px;border:0px;" ....

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

9. Kemper1989

Kemper1989 Private E-2

Okay, iv been using that site for HTML.
    I'll start reading some more :)
    Have today off so should beable to get alot done
    thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds