Flash drive not working correctly..?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GStam66, Mar 16, 2011.

1. GStam66

GStam66 Private First Class

Ok, so I've been preparing to transfer over my files to a new laptop, by first saving the important stuff to a flash drive. Took about an hour or so to copy everything over.

I pop the flash drive into the gf's computer to test it, and nothing is loading up correctly. I go to open up a MSword document, and it wont load up the text, I try to open a picture and it says "no preview available". Also, when going to open a folder I had moved to the flash drive, its apparently empty now. What the hell is up with this thing? It's just a simple 32gb flash drive, nothing special or complicated. Yet it's not working.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds