" Flash Drive or Jump Drive Won't Install On MY Dell XP? "

Discussion in 'Software' started by rgarr, Jun 18, 2005.

1. rgarr

rgarr Private E-2

I have a Dell XP 3 Gigahertz HD...service pack 2 with ample USB ports and I just bought a Sandisk 1Gig Flash Drive and when I plugged it in I got the message you would normally get for Win 98se pop-up...to install a driver or to use my disk that came with it to install. I called the tech at Sandisk and told him my problem and that when I went into Device Manager there was Sandisk Mini-Cruzer alright with a yellow question mark so he told me to right click and do an uninstall...and he said that I needed a Self-Powered USB HUB with 4 ports because I wasn't getting enough power.

I bought one - an Inland - at Micro Computers...set it up and plugged it in and it still won't work. It does the same thing thing as before.

I can't get it to create a new drive letter.

I have A: Floppy C: Main HD D: CD E: CD-R. I don't know how to fix this and need help. My wife had the same problem with her laptop when she got a new Flash Drive and her IT guy at work fixed it in about 5 minutes she said. I appreciate any and all help from you experts. Thanks for your time.

2. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

did you mean your computer run at 3g(CPU), Using WinXP, right?
    yellow question mark mean the computer have not be installed driver for USB Scandisk. USB 2.0 support all P&P removed hardwares.
    when he said that you need power USB hub that I think Volt in USB port is not enough 5 Volt. so you should check it again.

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Welcome to MG. Just to clarify a point

"I bought one - an Inland - at Micro Computers...set it up and plugged it in and it still won't work. It does the same thing thing as before."

Does it come with its' own power supply and plug into AC power? Or does it have something else that has to be plugged somewhere? Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds